I learned to play the piano when I was eight years old but music was not a passion of mine that time. When I learned how to dance, that is when I realized I love music. After that, I started playing the piano again with eagerness. It is because of how my body and mind started to understand that the rhythm and flow in dancing is just the same with the rhythm in playing a piece and how the melody flows when you are playing
Before I found my way to the Conservatory of Music, I was asked to describe music. I answered that music is an art that gives people the enjoyment, entertainment and emotions whenever they play their instrument or listen to a sound or song. Now that I can call myself a real musician, I know that I should have said that music is is an art that makes you show your passion whenever you sing, dance or play the instrument. It is the sensation in which you love to perform in front of an audience and appreciate every form of sound there is in the world. It is embracing your instrument and playing it with compassion and greatness.
Years ago, I always got nervous before and during the time of my performance. After eight years and after passing the music diagnostic exam, I felt that my confidence boost but still I get fidgety at times. Before, I only know how to play the piano. Now, feeling confident as a musician, I started learning to play the violin as my minor.
Before becoming a musician, I thought it will be an easy job because most people do it. Now that I am learning music, I found that being a musician is a unique but difficult job. It is unique and difficult because you have to be brave to be one. You have to be courageous to face the discrimination of other people to musicians, to meet what other people expect from you and to face that there’s a possibility that you may not get a job or you may get a job but with a low salary. Also being a musician is a chance to touch the soul of people by making music and inspire other people. Being a musician is no easy life. You have to rehearse and practice daily while other professions only need to study and memorize and then they have it all. Lastly, being a musician is unique because you should have the talent and brains not like the other professions that a brain is only what they should possess.
Copyright © 2011 Em Luzande. All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment